Chambres d'Hôtes – La Maison « Chez Darrouy »
Total relaxation on a break with Muriel and her family
A farmhouse, Montbéliarde cattle, hens clucking in the neighbouring meadow beneath hilly woods with the mountains in the distance...And the promise of fabulous walks and bike rides deep in a mountainous region on the edge of Lourdes! Plus a trip packed with adventure and authentic experiences.
Mountains mean holidays and a change of scene for two, three or more guests in the comfort of the rooms available all year round.
This is the chance to stay in the heart of a protected rural location that locals keep alive with their love for the land and professions passed on through the generations.
It took four for Muriel, Yves and their children to welcome you to their warm and friendly accommodation as they tend to Chez Darrouy farm. Once here, you’ll love the combination of mineral and plantlife, the beautiful and tastefully renovated building will leave you spellbound and the homemade produce will get your mouth watering.
If you’d like, you can get involved on the farm and tend to the animals (rabbits, hens) or join Yves as he takes the cattle to pasture in summer in Cirque d’Estaubé.
Book your stay now !
- For you to unwind
- For you to sleep
- Table d'Hôtes
- Useful information:
- Our Clients say
For you to unwind
Large rooms true to the barn conversion with a social atmosphere.
- A lounge area with a fireplace, reading area and TV area with free Wi-Fi.
- Tea and coffee-making facilities when you get back from your outings.
- Dining room with pale wood furniture serving a hearty breakfast with jam, tea, coffee, hot chocolate and fruit juice to wash down a classic “croustade” pastry.
- An outdoor kitchen serving grilled specialities and small dishes…
- A little garden with garden furniture.
For you to sleep:
Subdued hues for peaceful and restful nights.
- The romantic Edelweiss room on the ground floor has a king-size bed, shower room and toilet.
- The first floor Campanule room has beautiful beams and a king-size bed in a livelier setting. Shower room.
- Two rooms upstairs have two paired-up beds to make a super king-size with a shower room or bathroom and pastel or chocolate hues beneath the rafters…they’re called Gentiane and Joubarbe.
Whether you’re on a romantic or family holiday, you’ll love the versatility, décor and honest materials. The rooms are beautiful, comfortable and have Wi-Fi too!
Muriel and Yves’ dishes celebrate the vegetable garden and henhouse
- Treat your tastebuds to slow-cooked dishes such as veal raised on the farm, casseroles and Garbure Bigourdane ham and bean stew in winter.
- Feast on mutton, lamb chops and veal steaks grilled in the outdoor kitchen under the canopy in summer.
- Sample local specialities with regional cheese.
- Satisfy your sweet tooth with fritters, custard, spit cake and tarts to end your delicious and traditional meal on a high.
- Please inform us a few days before you arrive if you would like to eat at our table d'hôtes.
It’s the time it takes for you to enjoy the produce from our farm which demands more of our time in summer.
- Private car park
- Free Wi-Fi
- Baby equipment
Rates per night breakfast and city tax included:
- Room Edelweiss : 80€/1 pers. et 85€/2 pers.
- Room Campanule : 80€/1 pers. et 85€/2 pers.
- Room Joubarbe : 75€/1 pers. et 80€ /2 pers.
- Room Gentiane: 75€/1 pers. et 80€ /2 pers.
Extra bed : 20 euros /night for child
Table d'Hôtes : adult : 30 euros/adult
Child (2 à 10 yo) : 15 euros
-2yo : free.
Payment: check, ANCV, Credit Card
Download the rent lease of Gîtes de France